Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

The Nature of Today's Energy: Death and A New Beginning

9/17/2012 Monday:

What is this thing called Death?

    I woke up and had forgotten to pick the card for today, as a matter of fact I forgot to pick the cards for the rest of the week. It did not stress me out though.
I decided to think about it on the way to work. I wanted to pick a card when I arrived at my desk, but I am not ready to come out of the Broom closet with my Co-workers.
So, on my way up to work, I was listening to Beth Hart's new album called "California".
I love Beth Hart and the way she sings her sweet ballads about sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Well, not really the sex part, nor the rock and roll, but more like Death, Love, and Drugs.

Death, Love, and Drugs is very hard to talk about in this world, because when they are put together, it can be very taboo. No one wants you to know that they are an addict. That they are dealing with this need to do something everyday, which brings them happiness, and also pulls them one step closer to the Grave.
Most of the addicts I know always tell me that they have this disease or that they have an addictive personality, and this is why they use drugs. This is why they must switch to something else in order to take the edge off of the craving.
The thing that I tell them is; there is no separation between I and them. We are all alike. We all die. We all have cravings for something, whether it be Love, Coffee, Food, or Drugs.
We make the same mistakes. We feel the same way.
I know that I was always willing to give up the joy I had in order to find love.
Hell, I would have laid down my life for it.
Love can be just as addicting as a Drug.
I use to turn to Food when I was depressed, happy, sad, mad, angry, and in love.
Food was my drug of choice.

Some buy shoes, clothes, trinkets, knick knacks and such.
Some go out and look for a cheap thrill, a hooker, or they seek adventure with a near death experience.
If we are all connected and we are all part of the whole, then even an addict is a reflection of who we are and who we can be at times.

Death is simply the act of transformation. So, that is why I thought about this card while driving to work.
You are always shedding one skin to move into a new one. Death is always around us. So how do we co-exist with it?
By starting over again. By getting up and living.
Open your eyes to the new day. You get to start over. You get to do something new each day. We get to be the best that we can be, even if it means simply returning home.

Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment